ConsumerReports.org: Reviews You Can Actually Trust (Not Free Though)
Name: Consumer Reports (Visit Consumer Reports)
Type: Product Reviews Publication
Best Website For: Product Reviews
Reason it's on The Best Sites:
ConsumerReports.org is a non-profit that has your best interests in mind. Of course, there's probably the occasional scandal. Still, in an age where internet marketers lay boobie-traps everywhere on the internet, it's nice to have a non-profit you can trust for product reviews.
Get expert ratings for all major appliances, must-have tech gadgets, and more. Non profit and independent, Consumer Reports is your best resource for unbiased product ratings based on rigorous expert testing. We buy everything we test and don’t accept ads -- we work for you, to save you time and money.
This app is available only to active subscribers of Consumer Reports Digital at no additional charge. For thousands of ratings on electronics, appliances, and more go to ConsumerReports.org to subscribe.
Note: Car ratings are not included in this app. If you’re looking for Consumer Reports’ car ratings, check out our new Car Buying Guide.
Our ratings app is focused on products. You can find reviews on appliances from dishwashers to air conditioners. And on Electronics from wireless speakers to the best laptops. We even have ratings on tires .
• Get ratings for thousands of tested products, including dishwashers, front loading washing machines, Blu-ray players and much more
• Buying guides enable you to learn more about the products you are researching, what to look for, and how to decide which is the best for you.
• Find recommended models at a glance.
• See the best and the worst in a category.
• Learn the highs and lows and full specs for each model.
• Compare models to find the best one for you.
• Your ally anywhere—in stores, on the couch, or on-the-go.
• Video buying guides to provide customers with the right information to make the best decisions.
• Price and Shop allows you to find the right product from a variety of online retailers.
At CR, our engineers, scientists, and researchers tests everything including dishwashers, air conditioners, tires, sedans, and LCD TVs.
Life Situations Where You Need the Consumer Reports Ratings App:
Just had a baby? Get the highest-rated crib, the safest car seat, the most comfortable stroller, a baby monitor with the best range, and sunscreen with the best UV protection. Let our app help you find the best—and safest—products for your newborn.
In an electronics store? Get ratings on everything from ebooks to computers. Look at printer reviews to see which ones are the best on ink costs. Check ratings in the store and don’t get swayed to buy a LCD TV or camcorder on sale, that has a lower picture quality.
Just moved from the city into the suburbs? Congratulations! You now have a lawn. Lawn mowers and leaf blowers just became a part of your life. Find out which ones make the least noise and is the easiest to use.
You probably also now have a home. You should get stuff to fill it. Find out which juicer is the easiest to clean or which refrigerator has the best efficiency. Keep your rooms at the perfect temperature and humidity with the best air conditioner, humidifier, air purifier, dehumidifier…
On The Go Buying Guide Tips:
As a rule, an air conditioner needs 20 Btu for each square foot of living space. To measure your room, multiply the length of the room by the width.
New dehumidifiers appear in late spring and early summer, and most sales and in-store promotions occur from June through August. You might find closeout deals in the fall and early winter.
Front-Loading Washing Machines:
The best front-loaders clean better and are gentler than the best HE top-loading washing machines while using less water. Front-loaders take longer than HE top-loaders, but spin faster, extracting more water and trimming dryer time.
Download our ratings app today and stay in the know on the best electronics, appliances and much more!
Get trusted ratings and reviews for the products and services you use every day - from major appliances to must-have tech gadgets, to home and garden must-haves. Non profit and independent, we buy everything we test and don’t accept advertising so that we can give you unbiased information. Get the information you need to save time and money - and have peace of mind.
This app is only available to active ConsumerReports.org subscribers at no additional charge.
Car ratings are not included. To get car ratings, download the Consumer Reports Car Buying Guide App at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/car-buying-guide-by-consumer/id834532330?mt=8
Use the Ratings app to:
* Get ratings for thousands of tested products
* Search or browse by product or brand
* See scores for your chosen model plus the best and worst in the category
* Find recommended models at a glance
* Review highs and lows plus specs for each model
* Read CR’s take for a quick overview
* Compare models so you can choose the best one for you
* Save items 'in app' to check again later
* Price and Shop allows you to find the right product from a variety of online retailers.
* Access our ratings offline