In the sea of project management software tools, you need to perform detailed research to understand what is the best choice for you. In this little review, we are going to talk about Basecamp’s project management tool, and why you should definitely use it.
Like every other tool, this one has its own pros and cons, so let’s take a look.
The following are some of the main benefits that you are going to get with this project management software tool.
- Ease of use – This is a crucial feature that makes Basecamp stand out from the competition. The usage flow of this project management tool is easy. Everyone can easily navigate and understand how the software tool should be used. Therefore, no matter what niche you are in, you will easily be able to organize and run projects.
- Document sharing – Sharing documentation is easy. You can add it through comments, in the “Campfires” tab or while posting project instructions. Furthermore, in case when a document gets deleted, it is easy to bring it back from the trashcan. This significantly improves a team’s collaboration workflow.
- Search functionality – With an included search function, you can easily find the project you are in need of. You can also find documents, emails, or any other information located in the project management tool with only a couple of clicks.
- User permissions – Admins of this project management tools can give and take access from people on different projects. It makes the organization much easier for everyone in the business, as it removes clutter while also ensuring better information flow.
- Cost efficiency – Unlike other project management software and tools, this one does not charge depending on the user base. Therefore, the price is same for 10 people or 100 people. Additionally, with different plans, you can easily manage your costs on a project to project basis.
With all the above-mentioned pros, it is clear why Basecamp is one of the best small businesses in the US.
Of course, every project management tool has its drawbacks, making it unusable in some niches.
- No project and task tracking – There is no built-in way to track projects and tasks. Yes, it is possible to set deadlines, but there is no visualization that other project management tools incorporate. This makes it more challenging to tackle time sensitive projects, where every single task needs to be completed within a certain timeframe.
- No task dependencies – if you are planning to use task dependencies in your project management tool, you might want to see what others have to offer. Some complex projects require setting up a hierarchy of tasks, which makes Basecamp unsuitable in some niches.
However, it is possible to add these functionalities with other software tools, which will incur additional costs. But, if you absolutely need these features, yet you want to continue using Basecamp, you have this option at your disposal.
If you want to implement an easy to use tool that comes with plenty of useful project management features, picking Basecamp is the right choice.